The Tosh is a feeder valley of the popular Parvati Valley which leads to the Pin Parvati Pass. The Tosh Nallah meets the Parbati river at Pulga coming from the North. The Tosh valley is initially narrow but as you progress higher the valley starts to open up and you cross several beautiful meadows. At the head of the valley is the Tosh Glacier surrounded by some well known peaks: Papasura (6451m) & White Sail (6446m).
Day 01: Reach Kasol / Manikaran.Take a dip in Hot springs. Rest for the day.
Day 02: Kasol / Manikaran – Barsheni by jeep (2090m) – trek to Tosh village (2400m)
Duration: 2 hours of drive and 2 hours of trek
The ascent to Barsheni from Manikaran takes about an hour over steep mountain roads. The trail starts from above the Barsheni village, with a commanding view of the Parvati valley dam that is under construction and the confluence of Parvati and Tosh rivers. The walk is a gradual climb till you come to the Tosh village. The camp is a short walk past the village.
Day 03: Tosh Village (2400m) – Buddhaban (3020m)
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Follow the raging Tosh river through dense pine forests to Buddhaban, a largish meadow with a spring of its own and many rocks.
Day 04: Buddhaban – Sharam Thach (3505m)
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
It’s a long day’s walk as the path climbs from Buddhaban to cross the treeline. It then continues over meadows and rhododendron clusters to the high altitude meadow at Sharam Thach.
Day 05: Sharam Thach – Shamshi Thach (3800m)
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
An initial steep climb peters out to a narrow path over patches of snow. The Tosh river continues its noisy course throughout. After a short descent, you arrive at Shamshi Thach, beautifully set in a little bowl at the base of the valley. To the north is the Tosh Glacier, to the east the massive face of Kullu Makalu peak and the glacier descending from it.
Day 06: Exploratory day at Shamshi Thach
Duration: 6 – 8 hours
There is a choice of either going up to Animal Pass (4560m) for the day or hiking upto the snout of the Tosh Glacier (4300m).
Day 07: Shamshi Thach – Buddhaban
Duration: 4 hours
Retrace your steps back to Sharam Thach.
Day 08: Buddhaban – Barsheni
Duration: 2-3 hours
Head back to the road head at Barsheni, cutting short a day at Tosh Village/Makiaran.
Cost : ₹ 9,999*/- (per person) from Manali to Manali for group size 10 members.
- Guides (two) :
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide from Summiters.
- Local Guide who has extensive knowledge of the route .
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- Equipments - Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit.
Forest Permits and camping charges .
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping ban liners
- Personal Porters for carrying backpacks of trekkers
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
Terms and Conditions
*All about the elusive star*
Here are our conditions:
Booking must be confirmed 30 days prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 30 days to 20 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 20 days prior to date of departure and departure date:No Refund
- No Show : No Refund