You rock here....!
The sugar bowl of Karnataka , Mandya is known for pictureque locations and hillocks. Among them is Kunti Betta is a picturesque hill in the quaint town of Padavapura, marked by the two hills at an elevation of 2882m, the Kunti betta. Locals believe as per mythology the Pandavas and Kunti lived in the area during their exile. Mythology states that the Pandavas during their period of exile stayed here for some time, and Kunti, mother of the Pandavas, liked the hillock so much that it became one of her favorite haunts. The town is also named after the Pandavas because of their brief stay in this region. The name "French Rock" dates back to India's Pre-Independence days, the place was used as the camping ground by the French army, which came to help Tippu Sultan in his war against the British. It is believed that French named the small town as "French Rocks", as the town is in the vicinity of two rocky hills. After Indian Independence, these rocky hills called as "Kunti Betta" by locals. It is a trekkers paradise, they stand apart and one of the most sought day hikes for those who want to seek adventure, it is thrilling to trek amidst bushes and rock faces. A trek during dark adds thrill tends to sharpen the body sensations and ignites a feeling of uncertainty and curiosity about your trail. As one reached the pinnacle , the view from atop is a feast to eyes with view so lakes, light and shadow play, clouds engulfing mountains and paddy fields. During the night trekking adventure accompanied with fire flies, a starry night and local anecdotes make this a magical experience.
Duration : 1 Day
09:30 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
12:00 AM Reach ramanagara near resort where you can use washrooms while we load the equipment
02:00 AM Reach Kunti Betta base
02:15 AM Start the trek
04:15 AM Reach peak, relax and enjoy campfire
06:00 AM Descend at dawn
07:30 AM Start water activities
09:00 AM Head for breakfast
10:00 AM Head back to Bangalore enroute Ramanagara
02:00 PM Reach Bangalore
Cost : ₹ 1,250/- + 5% GST
Group Size : 20 members and above
Pickup Points :
- Marathahalli (10:00 PM) - Near Kalamandir
- Silk Board (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop (near signal)
- BTM (10:40 PM) Udupi - Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
- Banashankari (11:00 PM) - Bus Stop
- RR Nagar (11:30 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road
Note : A rundown of pickup stops empowers you to select a closest one to board. Pickups will start covering from the starting point at around 9:30PM from Bangalore and head for Kunti Betta base, after a short stay at the Ramanagara base. This nearly 4 km (up and down) night trek is fun.
Destination : Bangalore to Bangalore.
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Night trek
- Water activities like kayaking and swimming
- Services of Trek lead
- Necessary forest permits
Combo Pack : Rapelling Activity
Cost : ₹ 550/- per head
The definition of abseiling is fairly simple. The term comes from the German word abseilen, meaning ‘to rope down’. Also known as rappelling, abseiling is a vital skill for mountain climbers but is also useful in other sports too.
- To abseil the first thing you need is a rope secured at the top of where you want to abseil down and check that the area below you is clear. That rope is then run through a friction device known as descender or Figure of 8 which is attached to a harness around your waist.
- lean out backwards over the drop and slowly begin to lower yourself down, using one hand to slow down and the other to hold on to the rope above you.
- As you move carefully downwards, the friction device slows the rope a bit making it easier to control your descent but basically you are under your own power, abseiling at a speed that you feel comfortable with. But be careful though, because messing up the speed can make you look like a bit of a practice
- Heed to instructions of Instructor. As you descend you need to watch out for anything sticking out from whatever you are abseiling down that you might get caught on and be on the look out for any loose debris that might fall on you too. You also need to keep checking the landing to make sure you won’t land on anyone or hurt yourself when you get to the bottom.
Includes : Safety gear and Equipments, Medical kit
We usually send the exact Pickup location and timings a couple of days before the trek date. The pick location we choose are always a well-known place and has better connectivity with rest of the city. Mostly there will be 1 to 3 pickup location for every trek.
Yes, of course, you can board on the way if we are travelling through your location. You can get in touch with one of our out-door leader for same by sharing contact details. Although, we request you to board from the pickup locations as it would help us to coordinate, and to avoid mis-understanding or time delay.
You can contact to the number shared.. Also, we would be sharing out the contact information on the connecting email. besides, we would also be creating a Whats-app group so that we all can connect and coordinate with everyone on the trip.
We believe a hot served meal after the trek is the best way to beat the tiredness and complete an awesome day. So, we always try to cater everything from first morning breakfast to the next morning breakfast but at some places we give the option to the traveler to explore the local cuisines. The trek on which we cater, we try to give local vegetarian meal. Pack lunch is provided if the trek duration is more than 5 hours.
Travelers and Group size
We will try to maximize the group size 20 members to 45 members. Keeping in mind the safety of group.
We believe age does not define a limit of a person. A person can achieve anything at any age if he has a desire. Every trek has its own difficulty level, which you can check out the Itinerary page of the every trek and can decide for yourself. Definitely a basic fitness is always required for any trek you choose, because every trek with Summiters test your ability to push yourself and get high in the mountains.
Registration and Payment
To confirm your participation, you need to click on the blue button “BOOK NOW”, which will take you to the registration page and also guide you to our payment page on which you can make the payment through net banking, credit or debit card. Once you make the payment, you will receive a payment confirmation from us confirmation about your seat on the trip. We would request you to go through the complete itinerary, description, highlights and things you need to carry before making the payment.
You can bank transfer, cash deposit or NEFT as per your convenience.
We have tie-ups with third party vendors and the commitment is already made, regarding group size well in advance, the cancellation affect the facilities give to other participants, so, even if we don’t like to put on any policy, we might have to do it for the other participants who are coming for the trek. So, that we could be at least manage to keep the spirits high enough. The cancellation charges are as follows.
If the cancellation is done before 7th day from the trek date then FULL REFUND is applicable after the deduction of the third party vendor transaction charges.
If the cancellation is done before 3rd day from the trek date then HALF REFUND is applicable.
If the cancellation is done before 1 day from the trek date then NO REFUND is applicable.
If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6 km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like Speluncaphobia - Caves combine a whole bunch of phobias- heights, small places, underground, darkness, fear of being enclosed in a small space or room or underground, asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in this event.
- Trekking Shoes
- Trousers and T shirts
- Torch with spare batteries
- Water bottle
- Sun Cap
You cannot charge your phone on the trek. You have to get your phone charged in Bangalore before coming for the trek.
Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
All about the Elusive star
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 20 and above to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 20. However, in case the group size is smaller , Summiters will inform the participants before departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 7 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 3 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 24 hours prior to date of departure and departure date : No Refund
- No Show : No Refund