A journey to Rain Land
Agumbe, at an altitude 826m, is a small village in the Shimoga district of Karnataka. This is the same enthralling location which offered an idyllic setting for R.K Narayan’s Malgudi Days. Agumbe is famous for its spectacular sunsets and also its numerous trekking paths which are truly breathtaking. The forests of Agumbe are home to rare species of animals like tigers, leopards, lion tailed macaques, Sambar, malabar giant squirrel, barking deer and a host of other flora and fauna. It is also home to the King Cobra, the largest venomous snake in the world. Agumbe receives the highest rainfall in South India which makes it the ‘Cherrapunji of the South’. Narasimha Parvatha is the tallest peak in the Agumbe range of the Western Ghats and is about 1,152m (3,780 ft) high. End your trek at Kigga, a small village at the fringes of the forest, at the foot Narsimha parvatha, with a refreshing bath in Siri mane falls.
Duration: 1 Night/ 2 Days, Ex Bangalore
1st Night (Friday Night): Departure from Bangalore at 10:00 PM in the night and travel to Agumbe overnight by Tempo Traveler or a Chervolet SUV (depending on the number of participants). Distance between Bangalore and Agumbe is 380 Kms.
1st Day (Saturday Morning):
- Reach Agumbe at 6:00 AM in the morning.
- Freshen-up, have breakfast at around 8:00 AM
- Trek to Onake Abbi waterfalls reach homestay by 1:00 PM.Relax.Evening trek to Sunset point at Nishane gudda. Have authentic malnad food. Stay at homestay in the night.
2nd Day (Sunday):
- Get up in the morning by around 6 AM and freshen up
- Have breakfast by 7:00 AM
- Reach Mallandur. Start trekking towards Narasimha parvatha duration 7hrs. Enroute Barkana falls top.
- Reach kigga by 6 pm.Drive to Sringeri 08 kms.Visit the Sharadhambha temple at Sringeri
- Have dinner either at the temple or outside in a hotel
- Board TT/Chervolet SUV by around 9 PM.
- Reach Bangalore by 6 AM on Monday morning.
Cost : ₹ 4,000*/- (per person) from Bangalore to Bangalore for group size 10 members
|10 people||₹ 4,000*/- per person|
- For group size of 4 to 7 people, SUV Chervolet (NON AC) will be mode of transportation provided from Bangalore to Bangalore.
For group size between 8-11 people, Tempo Traveler (Pushback NON AC) will be the mode of transportation provided from Bangalore to Bangalore.
Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 9-10 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 9-10 people. However, in case the group size is smaller Summiters will inform the participants a month in advance of the departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the size of the group.
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide from Summiters
- Transportation cost to/from Bangalore
- Equipments - Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit
- Forest Permit charges
- Cost Excludes
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping bag liners or rucksacks
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)
- 2nd day dinner
Tea/snacks during travel from Bangalore to Shishila and back
Any other extra expenses incurred on the trek which is not mentioned in the cost includes section
Q: Who can do this trek?
A: If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in the trek.
Q: What should we carry?
A: The following items are a must-carry:
Shoes: A good pair of shoes is a must - a good pair does not mean your Adidas/ Nike/ Reebok/ Puma sport shoe. You need a pair that can withstand the wear and tear of walking for many days. A bad shoe can ruin your trek by causing blisters. Ask us, we can help you in choosing the right one for your budget.
The other things you need to carry are : gloves, a skull cap, a sun hat/cap, your personal clothes and toiletry kit, a good pair of sun glasses, a water bottle and your personal medicines (if necessary). Your sleeping bag, mat and tents will be provided to you by Summiters.
Q: What food do you provide?
A: We provide simple vegetarian food that is light and suitable for trekking. Don’t expect pizza hut or an Anand Bhavan - nor will you have to go hunting. You will have enough and when you are tired – anything served will taste superb!
Q: Is the mountain water safe to drink?
A: Yes. It’s as pure as it can be. But if you are finicky – you can buy mineral water
Q: Can I charge my phone on the trek?
A: You cannot charge your phone on the trek. You have to get your phone charged in Bangalore before coming for the trek.
Q: How can I prepare myself?
A: Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
*All about the elusive star*
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 9-10 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 9-10 people. However, in case the group size is smaller Summiters will inform the participants a month in advance of the departure date,the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed 30 days prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 30 days to 20 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 20 days prior to date of departure and departure date:No Refund
- No Show : No Refund