On this trek, discover the un-spoilt green valleys of Himachal to the barren and harsh valleys of the forbidden lands of Spiti. The route passes through beautiful villages, colorful cliff side monasteries, wild flower meadows, cascading waterfalls and offers panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks. The Pin Parvati Pass stands tall with its fluttering prayer flags and Cairns. The view from the pass offers a sharp contrast between the snow clad peaks of Kullu valley on one side and the stark barrenness of the Spiti valley on the other. Sir Louis Dane first discovered this high pass in August 1884 as the point of entry into Spiti from Kullu. It lies at an altitude of 4810m and remains covered with heavy snow for most of the year remaining far removed from any inhabitation whatsoever. Since this pass links Parvati Valley in Kullu to Pin Valley of Spiti it is named the Pin Parvati pass.
- Day 01: Travel by road from Kaza to Mudh village and start trek from Mudh Village to Campsite 1 (after Larang Nala) (6 Hours trek+2 hours by road, Overnight stay in tents).
- Day 02 :Trek from Campsite 1 (Larang Nala) to Chakchi Campsite (8 Hours, Overnight stay in
- Day 03:Trek from Chakchi camp to base of Pin pass (Campsite 2). (8 hours, Overnight stay in
- Day 04: Trek from Campsite 2 (base of Pin Pass) to Campsite 3 (base of pin pass on the parvathi valley side). (by crossing the Pin Pass, 8 Hours, Overnight stay in tents).
- Day 05: Trek from Campsite 3 (base of Pin Pass on parvathi valley side) to Mantalai Lake
- (Overnight stay in tent, 8 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from Mantalai Lake to Odi Thach (6 hours). (Overnight stay in Tents).
- Day 07: Trek from Odi thatch to Tunda Bhuj (6 Hours). (Overnight stay in Tents)
- Day 08: Trek from Tunda Bhuj to Barsheini and Travel by road to Manikaran (6 Hours Trek + 2 Hour travel by road). (Overnight stay in hotel in Manikaran).
Cost : ₹ 28,000/- (per person) from Kaza to Manikaran for group size 8-10 members
|Min Group Size||9|
|9 - 10 people||₹ 28,000/- per person|
Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 9-10 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 9-10 people. However, in case the group size is smaller Summiters will inform the participants a month in advance of the departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the size of the group.
- Guides (two) :
- Basic Mountaineering Course qualified Guide from Summiters.
- Local Guide who has extensive knowledge of the route .
- Vegetarian meals on the trek (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- Cooks/Helper and other requisite staff.
- Porters/mules for carrying common equipments (like rations/tents/utensils/)
- Equipments - Tents on sharing basis / Sleeping bags / Sleeping Mats
- Basic First aid Kit.
Forest Permits and camping charges .
One night stay at a lodge in Mudh and 1 night stay at a lodge in Manikaran including dinner and breakfast at both Mudh and Manikaran
- Personal trekking equipments – like trekking poles or sleeping ban liners
- Personal Porters for carrying backpacks of trekkers
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation
- Purchases of personal natures (like mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc)Basic First aid Kit
Any other extra expenses incurred on the trek which is not mentioned in the cost includes
- Transportation costs to reach Kaza will be borne by the participants.
- Transportation costs to get back from Manikaran to Delhi will be borne by the participants.
Q: How do I get to Kaza from Delhi?
A: There is an overnight bus from Delhi to Manali which runs almost every night. You have a range of options when it comes to the types of buses. It takes 14 hours to get to Manali from Delhi by road.After reaching Manali, one can hire a taxi from Manali to Kaza. Typically, a taxi costs approximately Rs 6,000 to Rs 7000. The taxi can accommodate 7 to 8 people comfortably and we recommend that participants share the cost of this taxi.
While returning, since the trek ends at Manikaran, participants can take a local bus to Bhuntar and from Bhuntar, they can catch an overnight bus to Delhi (The same bus that will come Manali via Kullu).
Q: I do not want to carry my rucksack. Can arrangements be made to carry it?
A: We expect the trekkers to carry their own backpack and recommend the same. In exceptional cases where assistance is needed Summiters can help make arrangements for an extra personal porters but this will be extra cost which will be borne by the participants. It is requested that, as far as possible, trekkers inform of this need before the trek.
Q: Will part of my money be refunded if I drop out of the trek mid way?
A: If you drop out of the trek mid-way the money would not be refunded. Also, the individuals
would have to bear actual charges that are incurred, like arranging pony/porter/transportation
to get you back safely to the trailhead.
Q: Who can do this trek?
A: If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in the trek.
Q: How cold does it get?
A: It depends on where you come from, but from an Indian context – it can get quite cold. The temperature in the higher regions can touch -5 degrees at night. So be prepared and carry warm clothing. Although multiple layers will serve the purpose, it can get quite heavy and uncomfortable. Your best bet would be to buy a professional high altitude jacket.
Q: What should we carry?
A: The following items are a must-carry:
Shoes: A good pair of shoes is a must - a good pair does not mean your Adidas/ Nike/ Reebok/ Puma sport shoe. You need a pair that can withstand the wear and tear of walking for many days. A bad shoe can ruin your trek by causing blisters. Ask us, we can help you in choosing the right one for your budget.
The other things you need to carry are : gloves, a skull cap, a sun hat/cap, your personal clothes and toiletry kit, a good pair of sun glasses, a water bottle and your personal medicines (if necessary). Your sleeping bag, mat and tents will be provided to you by Summiters.
Q: What food do you provide?
A: We provide simple vegetarian food that is light and suitable for trekking. Don’t expect pizza hut or an Anand Bhavan - nor will you have to go hunting. You will have enough and when you are tired – anything served will taste superb!
Q: Is the mountain water safe to drink?
A: Yes. It’s as pure as it can be. But if you are finicky – you can buy mineral water
Q: Can I charge my phone on the trek?
A: The last point where you can charge it is at Kaza but this is subject to availability of electricity during your stay.
Q: How can I prepare myself?
A: Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
*All about the elusive star*
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 9-10 to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 9-10 people. However, in case the group size is smaller Summiters will inform the participants a month in advance of the departure date,the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed 30 days prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 30 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 30 days to 20 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 20 days prior to date of departure and departure date:No Refund
- No Show : No Refund