Near by Kanakapura
Caving is also traditionally known as spelunking and potholing. A recreational adventurous pastime of exploring wild generally non-commercial cave systems. In contrast, speleology is the scientific study of caves and the cave environment
05 : 45 am Start from ISKCON Temple Bangalore
06 : 00 am Ramakrishna Ashram Enroute South end Circle
06 : 30 am Breakfast at Shanti Sagar J P nagar. (Break Fast - At own Cost )
07 : 00 am Start from Hotel.
08 : 00 am Reach Kanakapura. Cave exploration. Total Duration 3 - 4 hours
12 : 30 am Exploration End
01 : 30 pm Lunch
03 : 00 pm Free time in Pool & games
04 : 30 pm Tea / Coffee
06 : 00 pm Reach Bangalore
Cost : ₹ 2,150/- Includes 5% GST
Group Size : 20 members and above
Destination : Bangalore to Bangalore.
- Transportation Non/Ac vehicle , Meals and Tea , Common Pickup and drop.
- Activities within the campus.
- Welcome Drink, veg/ Non Veg .Lunch, High-tea,
- Indoor outdoor games (Carom, Cricket, Foodball, Football, Badminton, Table tennis, Volleyball, Basketball)
- 3 - 4 Fun Team Activities.
- Use of swimming pool.
- Lunch 01 : 01:00pm to 02:00pm
- Hi-Tea 01 : 04:30 pm
What to look for :
- Walk slowly , admire the landscape and true colors of nature
- Be watchful of creepy crawly and snakes when walk through bushes, grasslands inside dark structures
- Beware of slippery rocks when you are climbing stairs or during descent
- Be in the group
- Maintain distance
- Dont self explore
Things to Remember and Strictly prohibited :
- Carrying match box , Lighter , Smoking during trek and consuming Alcohol
- Shouting or yelling during trek
- Discarding Plastic and polluting Eco system
- Listen to leader as it is remote location
- Decision of leader is final considering safety of group
- Any Grafitti on the walls or on cave system/gateways
Medical Aid : Available with Event leader
We usually send the exact Pickup location and timings a couple of days before the trek date. The pick location we choose are always a well-known place and has better connectivity with rest of the city. Mostly there will be 1 to 3 pickup location for every trek.
Yes, of course, you can board on the way if we are travelling through your location. You can get in touch with one of our out-door leader for same by sharing contact details. Although, we request you to board from the pickup locations as it would help us to coordinate, and to avoid mis-understanding or time delay.
You can contact to the number shared.. Also, we would be sharing out the contact information on the connecting email. besides, we would also be creating a Whats-app group so that we all can connect and coordinate with everyone on the trip.
We believe a hot served meal after the trek is the best way to beat the tiredness and complete an awesome day. So, we always try to cater everything from first morning breakfast to the next morning breakfast but at some places we give the option to the traveler to explore the local cuisines. The trek on which we cater, we try to give local vegetarian meal. Pack lunch is provided if the trek duration is more than 5 hours.
Travelers and Group size
We will try to maximize the group size 20 members to 45 members. Keeping in mind the safety of group.
We believe age does not define a limit of a person. A person can achieve anything at any age if he has a desire. Every trek has its own difficulty level, which you can check out the Itinerary page of the every trek and can decide for yourself. Definitely a basic fitness is always required for any trek you choose, because every trek with Summiters test your ability to push yourself and get high in the mountains.
Registration and Payment
To confirm your participation, you need to click on the blue button “BOOK NOW”, which will take you to the registration page and also guide you to our payment page on which you can make the payment through net banking, credit or debit card. Once you make the payment, you will receive a payment confirmation from us confirmation about your seat on the trip. We would request you to go through the complete itinerary, description, highlights and things you need to carry before making the payment.
You can bank transfer, cash deposit or NEFT as per your convenience.
We have tie-ups with third party vendors and the commitment is already made, regarding group size well in advance, the cancellation affect the facilities give to other participants, so, even if we don’t like to put on any policy, we might have to do it for the other participants who are coming for the trek. So, that we could be at least manage to keep the spirits high enough. The cancellation charges are as follows.
If the cancellation is done before 7th day from the trek date then FULL REFUND is applicable after the deduction of the third party vendor transaction charges.
If the cancellation is done before 3rd day from the trek date then HALF REFUND is applicable.
If the cancellation is done before 1 day from the trek date then NO REFUND is applicable.
If you can walk on an average of 5 to 6 km without a problem, then you can! If you have specific health issues like Speluncaphobia - Caves combine a whole bunch of phobias- heights, small places, underground, darkness, fear of being enclosed in a small space or room or underground, asthma, heart issues or the likes, consult your doctor before participating in this event.
- Trekking Shoes
- Trousers and T shirts
- Torch with spare batteries
- Water bottle
- Sun Cap
You cannot charge your phone on the trek. You have to get your phone charged in Bangalore before coming for the trek.
Take daily long walks or jogs.
Terms and Conditions
All about the Elusive star
Here are our conditions:
- Summiters will try to keep an optimal group size of 20 and above to keep the cost to a minimal. The initial fees could be collected assuming a group size of 20. However, in case the group size is smaller , Summiters will inform the participants before departure date, the group size of the program. The participants would be requested to pay "the difference amount" as per the current size of the group.
Booking must be confirmed prior to date of departure by paying the full amount – It takes lot of effort, time and money in planning the trek in remote locations. So please give us enough time to make your journey a lifetime’s journey.
All expenses accruing from change in schedule due to weather conditions or health issues are to be borne by the participants. Summiters will not be responsible for the weather or your personal health issues.
Cancellation policy – We plan everything for you well in advance, so that your trip is hassle-free and as smooth as possible. This means that porter fees, permits, accommodation expenses are all paid in advance. Any cancellation will mean inconvenience and loss to all the people involved in making your journey successful. Therefore, it is only fair to pass on the accrued costs to you. Our policy is:-
- Cancellation prior to 7 days from date of departure : Full Refund
- Cancellation between 3 days prior to date of departure: 50% Refund
- Cancellation between 24 hours prior to date of departure and departure date : No Refund
- No Show : No Refund