Western Ghats or Plains hilly regions has a cool and generally humid climate. Much of Trail is above traversing hills, Under the canopy. Therefore, you can expect warm to hot days in the summer and coolnights. As the season advances toward fall expect cool days and chill nights . You will most likely encounter some precipitation either as rain in rainy season .Descending slopes , climbing hills and wading through bushes.
Things to carry on a weekend/Western Ghats trek.
- Backpack 30 ltrs. with Plastic liner.
- Torch or Headlamp.
- Dry fruits/Energy bars.
- Personal medicine if any and a basic first aid kit (though Summiters Adventures do carry a First aid kit, it is always recommended you too carry it)
- Toilet kit.
- Id proof. (Ex. Driver's License, PAN card etc), Medical Report Form
- Trekking shoes upto ankle well broken/used, Socks(3 pairs).
- Cap or Hat.
- Water bottle 32 Oz or 01 litre.
- Trekking pants (preferably Cargos/Track Pants).
- Full arm T- shirts.
- Glucose/ORS packs.
- Note book and pencil.
- Sun screen SPF 15+
- Sweater and Raincoat
- Carry a towel which should be easily dryable after use.
- Carry a rucksack with broader straps which you fell better.
Note : Do not overpack, you will be carrying this bag over a period of days. A recommended weight range once all items are packed is about 5kg's. Also see to that you have about 20 % (by volume) empty to accomodate the sleeping bag (provided by Summiters Adventures)